Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How to configure Mozilla

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    13

    How to configure Mozilla

    hello

    I have configured the modem to connect to the internet and it does, however when starting any browser and trying to access websites, it just cant open the sites ... one of the posts said I have to configure mozilla and the browsers with usernames/passwords and make it work correctly ......anyone tell me how ??


    thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    Hmmm, maybe I spoke to soon. I can't find the settings either for Navigator. I did have to configue the Mozilla usernames etc. for mail & newsgroups, this is where I had problems with the username. This is Edit-Mail & Newsgroup Account settings. but for web pages (Navigator) settings, it was just there. This was possibly because my password etc. to logon to my ISP was already programmed into the externel modem connected to the ethernet card since I had been using it on Windows (I have a dual boot system). These settings are the primary DNS settings & logon password etc. provided by your Internet provider service.
    On my laptop with dial up connection, I had to install ltmodem driver to get the winmodem to work then used kppp to connect to the net.
    Sorry I wasn't able to be of more help.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    mahdi- have you tried another browser? I don't think it's your browser though. If I liked Mozilla I would use it - I have never configured anything but mozilla does work.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    rickenbacherus- how do you configue a cable modem under Linux? I've never done it, mine was already configued when I first installed Linux.
    I agree, probably mahdi's problem is not with the browser. Perhaps the modem is not really working.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashedAgain
    rickenbacherus- how do you configue a cable modem under Linux?
    You don't really- either you configure the network card it connects to or the USB hub it connects to. The cable modem itself has nothing to do with Linux. mahdi is on dial-up, his modem dials, he can ping by i.p. but not by domain name.

    OK- I just found that in wimpdoze2k you can do
    ipconfig /all
    and that will tell you what DNS you're using.

Similar Threads

  1. How to configure the UTF-8 environment?
    By marat in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 11:39 AM
  2. How to configure dsl modem?
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 12:49 AM
  3. Can't Configure TV Card
    By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 09:21 PM
  4. Uninstall Mozilla and Mozilla components
    By turbines in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 08:51 PM
  5. Clicking mailto links in Mozilla opens Mozilla Mail notKMail
    By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor (4.7GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4)  picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor (4.7GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4)

$150.00



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590 picture

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590

$129.00