A little over a month ago I purchased a new Toshiba A130 laptop. It has an intel T720 Core 2 Duop processor, 2 gigs memory, 100 gig HD, DVD multi, Intel wireless and bluetooth. Unfortunately it also came with Windows Vista which I have come to hate in the one month I have delt with it. I have made a live DVD of Knoppix version 10 (kernel 2.6.19) and Mandriva One live CD. I can not get Mandriva to boot and Knoppix will boot only if I disable all HW detection. When booting Knoppix I will get down to the pcmcia and then my screen will go blank and it will sit there. If I disable all HW detection it will finish booting but I have no mouse or touch pad. I just got off the phone with Toshiba technical support and am greatly upset with them that I can not remove Vista and put XP on this computer becuase of changes to the BIOS that will not allow XP to run (I smeel a conspiracy with MS hear). If I could get Linux to run then I could run XP in Vm ware on those few occations when I might actually need Windows.
Kernel 2.6.19
USB detection passed
DMA detection passed
Mount first image passed
mount second image passed
initialized ram disk passed
apm
pcmia
It is somewhere in the last two items where the boot fails.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
Lot of (5) Samsung 32GB 2RX4 DDR4-2133 ECC REG RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB
$875.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON
$149.99