Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Lots of problems with my Fujistu C1211D

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7

    Lots of problems with my Fujistu C1211D

    Hello all,

    I'm experiencing some hardware issues with my Fujitsu laptop. I found the Linux on Laptops website but to date the C1211D is not listed. I have lots of issues but first and foremost I must get my internet connection working.

    I found something to configure the modem and was given the opportunity to scan for an incompatible winmodem. Here is the output:

    UPDATE=2004 July 30

    Providing detail for device at PCI_bus 00:1f.6
    with vendor-ID:device-ID
    ----:----
    0703: 8086:24c6 (rev Modem: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M)
    AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [generic])
    SubSystem 10cf:10d1 Fujitsu Limited. unknown device 10d1
    00:1f.6 0703: 8086:24c6 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [generic])
    flags: medium devsel, IRQ11
    I/O ports at 1c00 [size=256]
    I/O ports at 2000 [size=128]
    A PCMCIA modem is detected.

    grep: /etc/modprobe.conf: no such file or directory
    grep: /etc/modprobe.conf: no such file or directory

    When I press enter to close the window I get a prompt informing me it failed (because no conf file?). Does the above indicate I have a winmodem and if it's not how do I set it up? Do I need a driver? Do I need to provide modprobe.conf to get more complete output?

    Thanks in advance,
    Walter

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7

    An update

    I found the Linmodems website and managed to download the scanModem utility under Windows then ran it under Knoppix (no small feat for a newbie). My modem is indeed a winmodem; however a driver is available on the Linmodem site.

    The problem appears to be solved; however it's getting late here so I will attempt to download and install tomorrow and post another update if there are any more issues.

Similar Threads

  1. new here - lots of questions
    By ravenspirit2k4 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 12:26 AM
  2. Fujistu Siemens hardware questions:USB, CD.
    By artikid in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 11:21 AM
  3. Lots of questions from a beginner
    By turbines in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 07:27 AM
  4. Recompiling Custom Kernel - Lots of problems....
    By toltech in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 10:52 PM
  5. Tried lots of things ... but won't boot
    By David in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-15-2003, 06:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Yealink T53W Black IP Phone Verizon VoIP LOT OF 4   Business Desk Phone picture

Yealink T53W Black IP Phone Verizon VoIP LOT OF 4 Business Desk Phone

$150.00



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Yealink T54W Verizon VoIP IP Desk Phone, Black IP Phone Model picture

Yealink T54W Verizon VoIP IP Desk Phone, Black IP Phone Model

$55.00



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal

$98.95