-
Lots of problems with my Fujistu C1211D
Hello all,
I'm experiencing some hardware issues with my Fujitsu laptop. I found the Linux on Laptops website but to date the C1211D is not listed. I have lots of issues but first and foremost I must get my internet connection working.
I found something to configure the modem and was given the opportunity to scan for an incompatible winmodem. Here is the output:
UPDATE=2004 July 30
Providing detail for device at PCI_bus 00:1f.6
with vendor-ID:device-ID
----:----
0703: 8086:24c6 (rev Modem: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M)
AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [generic])
SubSystem 10cf:10d1 Fujitsu Limited. unknown device 10d1
00:1f.6 0703: 8086:24c6 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [generic])
flags: medium devsel, IRQ11
I/O ports at 1c00 [size=256]
I/O ports at 2000 [size=128]
A PCMCIA modem is detected.
grep: /etc/modprobe.conf: no such file or directory
grep: /etc/modprobe.conf: no such file or directory
When I press enter to close the window I get a prompt informing me it failed (because no conf file?). Does the above indicate I have a winmodem and if it's not how do I set it up? Do I need a driver? Do I need to provide modprobe.conf to get more complete output?
Thanks in advance,
Walter
Similar Threads
-
By ravenspirit2k4 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-19-2005, 12:26 AM
-
By artikid in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-30-2004, 11:21 AM
-
By turbines in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 07:27 AM
-
By toltech in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 10:52 PM
-
By David in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-15-2003, 06:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Amiga OS Operating System v3.1 Commodore New Sealed
$139.00

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$950.00

Commodore Amiga 500 Motherboard Rev 5, A500 #548 (As-Is)
$64.75

Amiga 2000 2630/CPU 68030 25Mhz
$300.00

68000 CPU Amiga 2000 Slot Adapter
$25.00

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95