Mine did that at first. You have a bad CD burn. I reburned using NERO on the slowest possible speed (400) and it fixed that error.
I'm pretty new to Linux. Either way i'm finding my way around. Anyways, I burned the ISO to a cd and put it in. I got the first screen to come up and I hit enter. On the next screen with Linux logo, I got an error,
ERROR: CANNOT UNITE READ-ONLY MEDIA AND INITIAL RAMDISK
then a lot of mombo jumbo in white for about 20 lines.
then in green:
>>Read-only CD system successfully merged with read-write /ramdisk.
then in white:
/linuxrc:cannot create /var/run/utemp: directory nonexistent
No filesystem could mount root, tried: reiserfs ext3 ext 2 msdos vfat iso9660 fuseblk
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on uknown-block(1,3)
Any help?
thanks for your time.
oh and I do meet the system requirements.
Mine did that at first. You have a bad CD burn. I reburned using NERO on the slowest possible speed (400) and it fixed that error.

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box
$48.00
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL “Powers On” Parts or Repair
$249.95
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00