Step 1 is to list your hardware. From a linux terminal type
lcpci -v
and post the output
Hey I just switched to Knoppix and am really new to linux, I dont know how to find or install drivers but Knoppix does not detect my WLAN card, the only real info I have is that the card is a Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN I dont know if there is more information that I can provide to make finding a driver easier but any help would be greatly appreciated. I hate windows but cannot really make the switch until I have my wireless up...
Thanks for all your help.
Fletch
Step 1 is to list your hardware. From a linux terminal type
lcpci -v
and post the output
I am sure this is a rediculously newbie question, trying to use that command and it says...
"bash: lcpci: command not found"
really dont know what to do at this point, it seems that the pci might refer to a mcpci card that would have wifi, but my wireless card is internal if that helps. Is there possibly another command where I can run through the hardware I have?
Thanks again for your help...
Sorry, mu mistake a typo:
the command should be:
lspci -v
this will list the pci bus on your computer.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75