-
Error when booting
I'm pretty new to Linux. Either way i'm finding my way around. Anyways, I burned the ISO to a cd and put it in. I got the first screen to come up and I hit enter. On the next screen with Linux logo, I got an error,
ERROR: CANNOT UNITE READ-ONLY MEDIA AND INITIAL RAMDISK
then a lot of mombo jumbo in white for about 20 lines.
then in green:
>>Read-only CD system successfully merged with read-write /ramdisk.
then in white:
/linuxrc:cannot create /var/run/utemp: directory nonexistent
No filesystem could mount root, tried: reiserfs ext3 ext 2 msdos vfat iso9660 fuseblk
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on uknown-block(1,3)
Any help?
thanks for your time.
oh and I do meet the system requirements.
-
Mine did that at first. You have a bad CD burn. I reburned using NERO on the slowest possible speed (400) and it fixed that error.
Similar Threads
-
By Mercenary(FH) in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-27-2007, 10:27 PM
-
By poirot in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-06-2007, 03:40 PM
-
By chilton57 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-10-2006, 03:21 PM
-
By BasK in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 11:45 PM
-
By jason25 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$288.99

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99