I remastered the Knoppix CD distro with the only additions being I apt-get install linux-uvc-source & apt-get install linux-uvc-tools
I booted this new CD with my Inspiron 6400 with my Orbit MP plugged in
when booted I can not find /dev/video0
I looked for /dev/v4l/video0 and that was not their as well
I disconnected my camera and reinserted it again, and then I did a dmesg and it showed the camera had been connected
but their still was not /dev/video0
what do I need to do to get my Orbit MP working under knoppix?
any help is appreciated, thanks in advance,
i2tbee

HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Plus, 52-core, 512GB RAM, SSDs, NVIDIA A40 AI GPU
$26000.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$60.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69