-
Junior Member
registered user
Initial boot into root
I am working on a remaster and need for KNOPPIX to boot into root by default not as a user. I noticed KNOPPIX boots you into KDE as a user. Where do I find the script that will enable me to boot as root. I need it for forensic purposes and don't want to have to pull up a terminal then su. If I do that I still don't have root access from KDE. Any help would be appreciated...
Thanks,
-
a
/etc/init.d/xsession
There is line user=knoppix or sth like that
Similar Threads
-
By Rashedul in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-22-2005, 02:33 AM
-
By Action-Man in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 01:30 PM
-
By DeadMonitor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 05:41 AM
-
By labrador in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-27-2003, 03:06 PM
-
By Doc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-15-2003, 05:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99