Turns that this was an oversight on my part, things are fine now.
Dirk
Hi,
I am working on a Knoppix variant for numerical / quantitative analysis. A working version based on 3.1 exists, but I have hit a brick wall with 3.2 -- x11 will not start as it claims to not find the fixed font.
I have remove openoffice, all games and a few i18n packages. All font packages, and xfonts-base in particular, remain installed. All x11 packages and font config packages remain. I have tried to re-create fonts.dir, fonts.alias and fonts.cache-1 but still no luck.
When I point XF86Config-4 to my local fontserver, all is well. That obviously is no solution for the cdrom, but it shows that the system per se is fine -- apart from this vexing font issue.
Would anybody here have a hint or suggestion about what I am missing?
Thanks, Dirk
Turns that this was an oversight on my part, things are fine now.
Dirk

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00