Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: After booting up Knoppix locks up

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4

    After booting up Knoppix locks up

    Hello all, I'm new to knoppix and have been trying to load it on my machine for a little bit here. I am getting frustrated Anyway I've got an AMD athlon 64, 3G ram, GEforce 6600....I'm using knoppix 5.2 boot cd that I ordered from the knoppix.org website. I've read the cheat file and have used the following line at the boot screen:

    knoppix lang=us wheelmouse

    now the first part of the command works and boots in english but aprx 15 secs after the screen comes up and the female voice says initiating whatever my system locks up. Time doesn't update and I have to do a hard reset on my machine.

    What am I doing wrong? I've got a pretty good computer and have never ever had a problem running any application period.....please help!!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4

    wow

    Wow everyone don't all rush to my rescue!! lol

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    29
    On the versions that I have used, that audible message is sent after starting the X server.
    This indicates that you could append a 2 to the end of your line to start in text mode, then you could diagnose your problem from there.

    You could also use one of the other start modes from the boot screen to get more information about your problem.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix from CD locks up while booting, no error message
    By wordpaw in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 02:18 PM
  2. [Help] Knoppix locks up on boot when detecting LAN card.. :(
    By XICO2KX in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 04:42 PM
  3. Knoppix locks up on playing sound
    By talon0769 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 07:18 PM
  4. Knoppix Locks My Computer
    By ruined in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 05:17 PM
  5. Carmgr locks when booting Knoppix 3.3 and Orinoco
    By grandb in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 08:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot 300 Micron 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-21300 DDR4-2666V ECC Registered Server Memory RAM picture

Lot 300 Micron 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-21300 DDR4-2666V ECC Registered Server Memory RAM

$9000.00



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Ram Cards, 4 GB, LOT OF 16 picture

Ram Cards, 4 GB, LOT OF 16

$116.00



LOT 10: Samsung M393A4K40BB2-CTD7Y 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM picture

LOT 10: Samsung M393A4K40BB2-CTD7Y 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM

$1749.99



1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM picture

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM

$320.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00