A shared Fat32 partition is ideal. I have a 2 GB Fat32 Partition on my Win2K machine labeled, not surprisingly, LINUX_SHARE.
I was well aware of the NTFS trickiness, but didn't realise until I tried it that using Knoppix to write you your win2000 primary partition (MyDocuments is on the same part as my win2k install) will cause win2k angst and cause disk errors.
Shame.
So, my question, will win2k mind sharing a fat32 part that is not the root, or will it always be traumatised if any other os write to 'it's' files?
Thanks
A shared Fat32 partition is ideal. I have a 2 GB Fat32 Partition on my Win2K machine labeled, not surprisingly, LINUX_SHARE.
Cool, so it might actually be best to switch my win2k part back to ntfs? I forget, can Knoppix 3.2 read that (I know it can't write it, but it can't write reliably to that partition as f32 either)?
You can Read/Write Fat32 partitions no problem. Win2K really should be run on an NTFS volume. If you want proper error checking and journaling, then all partitions but the shared FAT32 partition should be NTFS as well.

MOS MCS 6502 Ceramic DIP Vintage CPU/Processor Chip ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$2500.00
Vintage AutoCAD 2000i Upgrade Boxed CD & Key Code
$144.45
Vintage Core CL9 Master Universal Remote Control Steve Wozniak (Apple) READ
$988.88
LOT of 4 Intel/AMD R80188 80188 R80186 80186 vintage CPU GOLD/Ceramic
$59.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Y2K Heritage Brown Leather 17” Laptop Briefcase Business Bag With Strap
$49.95
RARE NEW RETAIL BOX VINTAGE AST BTC 5140M WINDOWS PS2 KEYBOARD FCC E5XK8M104M10U
$31.95
Vintage Rare 256KB Coast Cache Memory Module 32kx64 L2 Pipeline HT-VX
$6.00
Vintage Ampex Chip Boards Memory Processor Other
$299.99
Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00