A shared Fat32 partition is ideal. I have a 2 GB Fat32 Partition on my Win2K machine labeled, not surprisingly, LINUX_SHARE.
I was well aware of the NTFS trickiness, but didn't realise until I tried it that using Knoppix to write you your win2000 primary partition (MyDocuments is on the same part as my win2k install) will cause win2k angst and cause disk errors.
Shame.
So, my question, will win2k mind sharing a fat32 part that is not the root, or will it always be traumatised if any other os write to 'it's' files?
Thanks
A shared Fat32 partition is ideal. I have a 2 GB Fat32 Partition on my Win2K machine labeled, not surprisingly, LINUX_SHARE.
Cool, so it might actually be best to switch my win2k part back to ntfs? I forget, can Knoppix 3.2 read that (I know it can't write it, but it can't write reliably to that partition as f32 either)?
You can Read/Write Fat32 partitions no problem. Win2K really should be run on an NTFS volume. If you want proper error checking and journaling, then all partitions but the shared FAT32 partition should be NTFS as well.

Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested
$84.99
NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga
$170.00
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000
$349.99
Commodore Amiga 500 w/ power supply, no mouse - Kickstart 1.3 + 1MB RAM
$369.00
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$185.00
Amiga 1000 Computer W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)
$239.75
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$279.00
Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00