A shared Fat32 partition is ideal. I have a 2 GB Fat32 Partition on my Win2K machine labeled, not surprisingly, LINUX_SHARE.
I was well aware of the NTFS trickiness, but didn't realise until I tried it that using Knoppix to write you your win2000 primary partition (MyDocuments is on the same part as my win2k install) will cause win2k angst and cause disk errors.
Shame.
So, my question, will win2k mind sharing a fat32 part that is not the root, or will it always be traumatised if any other os write to 'it's' files?
Thanks
A shared Fat32 partition is ideal. I have a 2 GB Fat32 Partition on my Win2K machine labeled, not surprisingly, LINUX_SHARE.
Cool, so it might actually be best to switch my win2k part back to ntfs? I forget, can Knoppix 3.2 read that (I know it can't write it, but it can't write reliably to that partition as f32 either)?
You can Read/Write Fat32 partitions no problem. Win2K really should be run on an NTFS volume. If you want proper error checking and journaling, then all partitions but the shared FAT32 partition should be NTFS as well.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED
$165.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM 02AN553 01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN Internal Server Systems Adapter
$199.99