-
Questions About Persistence
Have been using Knoppix actively for the last five months. Love it and want to do more with it. But, of course, I have questions.
1) I've been saving my config w/ the std saveconfig script. I've noticed some anomalous behavior. By my reading, it seems that it's supposed to save the entire contents of /home/knoppix. However, as many times as I've done this, it only seems to save the hidden directories. I've been saving my scripts and other files using /home/knoppix/.local and it works, but I understood this directory could also be used to save user-installed (.deb or klik) packages, to extend Knoppix w/o installing it on the hdrive. Is this a bug in the docs, scripts, or whatever ?
2) In the Customizing wiki, there are suggestions for saving multiple configs on a USB thumb drive. Is there a way to save a config and load it from DVD ? That is, create a base config of scripts, etc in /home/knoppix, save it (on a hdrive) using saveconfig, then burn knoppix.sh and configs.tbz to a directory on the DVD ? I doubt it, but what the hell....
I'm leaning twds something like Klik bec I really like the live CD concept, w/ some modest customization and no complete remastering of the system. TIA....Jet
Similar Threads
-
By thechrobot in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-21-2007, 10:55 PM
-
By zaxonus in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-18-2007, 07:34 PM
-
By heiby in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-19-2005, 08:39 PM
-
By heiby in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 06:40 PM
-
By newiaqua in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 07:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM
$19.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

32GB 2Rx8 PC4 - 3200AA - SE1-13 (x2) 64GB
$280.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00