Have been using Knoppix actively for the last five months. Love it and want to do more with it. But, of course, I have questions.
1) I've been saving my config w/ the std saveconfig script. I've noticed some anomalous behavior. By my reading, it seems that it's supposed to save the entire contents of /home/knoppix. However, as many times as I've done this, it only seems to save the hidden directories. I've been saving my scripts and other files using /home/knoppix/.local and it works, but I understood this directory could also be used to save user-installed (.deb or klik) packages, to extend Knoppix w/o installing it on the hdrive. Is this a bug in the docs, scripts, or whatever ?
2) In the Customizing wiki, there are suggestions for saving multiple configs on a USB thumb drive. Is there a way to save a config and load it from DVD ? That is, create a base config of scripts, etc in /home/knoppix, save it (on a hdrive) using saveconfig, then burn knoppix.sh and configs.tbz to a directory on the DVD ? I doubt it, but what the hell....
I'm leaning twds something like Klik bec I really like the live CD concept, w/ some modest customization and no complete remastering of the system. TIA....Jet

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00