Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Trouble remastering - Lots of frustration

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3

    Trouble remastering - Lots of frustration

    I have been trying to remaster Knoppix and have so far been unable to. At this point I am just trying to make one single simple change to get the process down. I have read through various HOWTO's and most of them are poorly written (coming from someone who writes alot of technical documentation, including HOWTOs).

    I have followed the HOWTO doc on this site and it is not working for me. Specifically steps 14 and 15. Neither of them work. When I try to mount those paths I get a directory not found error (because it doesn't exist) and when I try to chroot as stated I get an error about /bin/bash not existing (because it doesn't under that root). Unless I am missing something, it seems that this HOWTO is missing the step of mounting the KNOPPIX cloop file. Other documentation references that you need to mount this file in a special way, and then have access to the KNOPPIX file system, thereby enabling one to make changes, then save them.

    Can someone point me to a well-written basic HOWTO doc or shed some light on what I am missing here?

    Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3

    Addendum

    A large portion of the HOWTO on this site, and many others, is dedicated to what changes you can make and how to make those. At this point I want to do something as basic as create a file called test in the homedir of root and see that when I boot off the CD.

Similar Threads

  1. KNOPPIX REMASTERING FOR TWO REG. LANGUAGE.wallpaper trouble
    By mohit.jain.india in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 04:19 PM
  2. NVidia accelerated drivers frustration
    By Arkaein in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 05:10 AM
  3. trouble with remastering
    By Orion Pax in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-24-2003, 05:05 AM
  4. knoppix 3.1>3.2 transition frustration
    By andrei in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 05:55 AM
  5. Lots of General questions about remastering
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 03:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM picture

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM

$17.99



OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236 picture

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236

$549.99



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good picture

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good

$21.05



Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015 picture

OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015

$26.98



apple oem cube 5w charger  picture

apple oem cube 5w charger

$6.99



Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter picture

Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter

$34.99