-
Trouble remastering - Lots of frustration
I have been trying to remaster Knoppix and have so far been unable to. At this point I am just trying to make one single simple change to get the process down. I have read through various HOWTO's and most of them are poorly written (coming from someone who writes alot of technical documentation, including HOWTOs).
I have followed the HOWTO doc on this site and it is not working for me. Specifically steps 14 and 15. Neither of them work. When I try to mount those paths I get a directory not found error (because it doesn't exist) and when I try to chroot as stated I get an error about /bin/bash not existing (because it doesn't under that root). Unless I am missing something, it seems that this HOWTO is missing the step of mounting the KNOPPIX cloop file. Other documentation references that you need to mount this file in a special way, and then have access to the KNOPPIX file system, thereby enabling one to make changes, then save them.
Can someone point me to a well-written basic HOWTO doc or shed some light on what I am missing here?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By mohit.jain.india in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-28-2005, 04:19 PM
-
By Arkaein in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 05:10 AM
-
By Orion Pax in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-24-2003, 05:05 AM
-
By andrei in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 05:55 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 03:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASRock B550M Steel Legend AMD Socket AM4
$125.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99