I have a working PXE boot of Knoppix but I am seeing some a problem with NFS.
This works from the CD boot
1) Load knoppix with config and HD image from hda3
2) Mount an NFS share to /work (I am forced to recreate /work each time)
What I want
1) Boot from network with config and a custom HD image (without any local HD)
- I need a specific user with their home dir setup
2) Mount the NFS into /work
Problem:
When I boot from the network my NFS share is ALWAYS 'readonly' even though I configured it as 'rw' (it works fine when booting from the CD)
Question: What should I check to find the problem?
Second Question: Is it possible to have a custom HD image when there are no local HDs?
Thanks,
Jack

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$75.99
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00