A little over a month ago I purchased a new Toshiba A130 laptop. It has an intel T720 Core 2 Duop processor, 2 gigs memory, 100 gig HD, DVD multi, Intel wireless and bluetooth. Unfortunately it also came with Windows Vista which I have come to hate in the one month I have delt with it. I have made a live DVD of Knoppix version 10 (kernel 2.6.19) and Mandriva One live CD. I can not get Mandriva to boot and Knoppix will boot only if I disable all HW detection. When booting Knoppix I will get down to the pcmcia and then my screen will go blank and it will sit there. If I disable all HW detection it will finish booting but I have no mouse or touch pad. I just got off the phone with Toshiba technical support and am greatly upset with them that I can not remove Vista and put XP on this computer becuase of changes to the BIOS that will not allow XP to run (I smeel a conspiracy with MS hear). If I could get Linux to run then I could run XP in Vm ware on those few occations when I might actually need Windows.
Kernel 2.6.19
USB detection passed
DMA detection passed
Mount first image passed
mount second image passed
initialized ram disk passed
apm
pcmia
It is somewhere in the last two items where the boot fails.

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00
TEAMGROUP T-Force Zeus 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 Desktop RAM Kit
$199.99
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM
$120.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00