-
Can not boot Knoppix 10+ live DVD on Toshiba A130
A little over a month ago I purchased a new Toshiba A130 laptop. It has an intel T720 Core 2 Duop processor, 2 gigs memory, 100 gig HD, DVD multi, Intel wireless and bluetooth. Unfortunately it also came with Windows Vista which I have come to hate in the one month I have delt with it. I have made a live DVD of Knoppix version 10 (kernel 2.6.19) and Mandriva One live CD. I can not get Mandriva to boot and Knoppix will boot only if I disable all HW detection. When booting Knoppix I will get down to the pcmcia and then my screen will go blank and it will sit there. If I disable all HW detection it will finish booting but I have no mouse or touch pad. I just got off the phone with Toshiba technical support and am greatly upset with them that I can not remove Vista and put XP on this computer becuase of changes to the BIOS that will not allow XP to run (I smeel a conspiracy with MS hear). If I could get Linux to run then I could run XP in Vm ware on those few occations when I might actually need Windows.
Kernel 2.6.19
USB detection passed
DMA detection passed
Mount first image passed
mount second image passed
initialized ram disk passed
apm
pcmia
It is somewhere in the last two items where the boot fails.
Similar Threads
-
By zillah in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-18-2008, 02:59 PM
-
By rolelael in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-11-2005, 07:05 AM
-
By nerbas in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 12:35 PM
-
By toohey in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 05:05 PM
-
By montanaembassy in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-13-2003, 07:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00