A little over a month ago I purchased a new Toshiba A130 laptop. It has an intel T720 Core 2 Duop processor, 2 gigs memory, 100 gig HD, DVD multi, Intel wireless and bluetooth. Unfortunately it also came with Windows Vista which I have come to hate in the one month I have delt with it. I have made a live DVD of Knoppix version 10 (kernel 2.6.19) and Mandriva One live CD. I can not get Mandriva to boot and Knoppix will boot only if I disable all HW detection. When booting Knoppix I will get down to the pcmcia and then my screen will go blank and it will sit there. If I disable all HW detection it will finish booting but I have no mouse or touch pad. I just got off the phone with Toshiba technical support and am greatly upset with them that I can not remove Vista and put XP on this computer becuase of changes to the BIOS that will not allow XP to run (I smeel a conspiracy with MS hear). If I could get Linux to run then I could run XP in Vm ware on those few occations when I might actually need Windows.
Kernel 2.6.19
USB detection passed
DMA detection passed
Mount first image passed
mount second image passed
initialized ram disk passed
apm
pcmia
It is somewhere in the last two items where the boot fails.

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50
lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR5 memory kit, 2x16GB
$329.99
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00