-

Originally Posted by
ndb
Now about Open Office, why don't you boot knoppix from the cd with no options, then fire up OO. If it's successful, then you may have done something with your configuration. You didn't install knoppix on your hard drive, did you? I can't imagine any changes to KDE that would muck up Open Office.
I definitely messed something up, perhaps unintentionally. I run Knoppix only from the CD, no HD install.
When I boot with no home (or any other cheats) everything is happy. When I boot with home, then things start to fall apart. Like I said OOo does not start up at all (but it certainly does try for a very long time); if I try to run Weasel (whatever the FF replacement is called), then I actually get an error from KDE, something about the KDE launcher not able to find the executable or some such.
I almost suspect an issue with KDE not Knoppix, however, I have no idea how to proceed to figure out what happened.
Similar Threads
-
By Jansi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 04:50 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-16-2005, 02:21 PM
-
By dk1ri in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 01:38 PM
-
By eentonig in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 10:57 AM
-
By DavidTempler in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95