-
If you can figure out the changes you made to KDE, then maybe we could get down to what went wrong, and how to undo it. Did you edit the KDE menu entries for OO and Iceweasel?
The command for Iceweasel is 'iceweasel %u'
The command for OOo is 'soffice private:factory/swriter'
I went in to edit Iceweasel and OOo at the same time - bad move! I tried opening OOo and nothing happened. I tried again and it seemed that my machine froze. I rebooted and things were ok. I was able to run both the weasel and office. Try the commands above and let me know what happens.
You wrote:
When I boot with home, then things start to fall apart. Like I said OOo does not start up at all (but it certainly does try for a very long time); if I try to run Weasel (whatever the FF replacement is called), then I actually get an error from KDE, something about the KDE launcher not able to find the executable or some such.
I almost suspect an issue with KDE not Knoppix, however, I have no idea how to proceed to figure out what happened.
Similar Threads
-
By Jansi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 04:50 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-16-2005, 02:21 PM
-
By dk1ri in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 01:38 PM
-
By eentonig in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 10:57 AM
-
By DavidTempler in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working
$150.00