Cross-posted from the Networking forum due to no responses. Any suggestions are welcome.
I have a working PXE boot of Knoppix but I am seeing some a problem with NFS.
This works from the CD boot
1) Load knoppix with config and HD image from hda3
2) Mount an NFS share to /work (I am forced to recreate /work each time)
What I want
1) Boot from network with config and a custom HD image (without any local HD)
- I need a specific user with their home dir setup
2) Mount the NFS into /work
Problem:
When I boot from the network my NFS share is ALWAYS 'readonly' even though I configured it as 'rw' (it works fine when booting from the CD)
Question: What should I check to find the problem?
Second Question: Is it possible to have a custom HD image when there are no local HDs?
Thanks,
Jack

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$368.00
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00
Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00
8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00