-
Specifying ramdisk/ size on startup
I have a Intel PC with 2G RAM. When I start Knoppix 5.1.1 from the boot DVD (started with the command
knoppix 1
to have a non-X environment) I find that almost all 2G is dedicated to ramdisk/. This leaves me almost no brainpower for actual *work*. I do not need that much /ramdisk, but I do need a lot of thinking room. Please can you tell me how to specify a startup environment (eg, I dunno,
knoppix 1 ramdisk=4M
or similar) which would allow me to configure a much smaller ramdisk/, leaving much more RAM available to work with?
Specifically, I'm comparing two filesystems
diff -rq /mnt/1 /mnt/2
and at the moment even an overnight session os not long enough. Using Fedora this command completes in about 60 minutes.
Thank you for any help.
Fergus
Similar Threads
-
By EarWig in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-31-2005, 12:22 AM
-
By sampo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-06-2005, 12:23 AM
-
By joshuabok in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 05:55 PM
-
By hnt in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-19-2003, 09:36 AM
-
By glukorizon in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-05-2003, 08:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

Intel Core i7-13700 16-Core 2.10GHz LGA1700 CPU Processor SRMBA
$235.00

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$79.99

Intel Core i7-6700 Processor (3.40 GHz, 4 Cores, LGA 1151) - SR2L2
$34.99

Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz 4th Gen 4 Cores 8 Threads Desktop CPU SR1QF
$39.95

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00