Cross-posted from the Networking forum due to no responses. Any suggestions are welcome.
I have a working PXE boot of Knoppix but I am seeing some a problem with NFS.
This works from the CD boot
1) Load knoppix with config and HD image from hda3
2) Mount an NFS share to /work (I am forced to recreate /work each time)
What I want
1) Boot from network with config and a custom HD image (without any local HD)
- I need a specific user with their home dir setup
2) Mount the NFS into /work
Problem:
When I boot from the network my NFS share is ALWAYS 'readonly' even though I configured it as 'rw' (it works fine when booting from the CD)
Question: What should I check to find the problem?
Second Question: Is it possible to have a custom HD image when there are no local HDs?
Thanks,
Jack

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit
$44.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)
$350.00
Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe
$449.99
Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit Gold
$44.99
IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D
$219.99
SOYO SY25 R-Vesa Socket 3 Motherboard SiS Chipset Mainframe
$73.99