Ive been trying to get my double tap and drag functionality to work in linux, but I keep bumping uglies with this problem. Regardless of having installed all the necessary drivers/softwares via apt-get, in the control center the relevant peripheral controls (for the touchpad) registers via the gui that no driver is infact installed. Ksynaptics which runs fine in the system tray also seems to not find any relevant means by which to control the driver (if indeed it is there) because when I doubleclick on it to bring up the options, they are all shaded and un-useable.
I find this bizzare, given that the touchpad does in fact respond to use. But whenever I try to run a program like gsynaptics, this is spit at me.
'Can't access shared memory area. SHMConfig disabled?'
I have tried adding;
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Synaptics Touchpad"
Driver "synaptics"
Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
Option "HorizScrollDelta" "0"
Option "SHMConfig" "on"
EndSection
To my xorg.conf file, in various configurations (one of which suggested brackets and an extra pair of quotes on SHMConfig) but all that got me was some trouble getting X to start.
The one that gave me the most problems was this one http://wiki.debian.org/SynapticsTouc...%28synaptic%29 which I followed to the letter. StartingX then spat an error at me for line 122 (the part with the added quotes and brackets) so I fixed that, and still no startx... Ive since restored my xorg.conf file, and am looking for a working fix, or even mention of this issue I am having outside of my own experience.
any help is appreciated, even if you only point me in the right direction.
Cheers.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99