Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63

Thread: Apt-get / dpkg tutorial

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Superstoned
    aay made small mistake: the command should be:
    Code:
    apt-get -t unstable install kopete
    Yes that was certainly a mistake. Thanks Superstoned.

  2. #12
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    23
    followed instructions. had some library dependencies. thanks for the help, though. much appreciated.

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    Quote Originally Posted by Superstoned
    aay made small mistake: the command should be:
    Code:
    apt-get -t unstable install kopete
    Yes that was certainly a mistake. Thanks Superstoned.
    you're welcome

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    I just noticed that the sample chapter from "Linux in a Nutshell" offered on
    the O'Reilly site is about "Red Hat and Debian Package Managers" (PDF).
    I hope you'll agree that a pointer to it is relevant to this thread.

    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/linux...ter/index.html

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203

    wrong attitude

    "THATS how you learn, not by asking us... "

    This is definitely the wrong attitude, held by many in the linux community, and a definite detrement to a more widespread acceptance and usage of linux and in this case knoppix. Don't forget a lot of people are looking in on these posts, people who are considering becoming knoppix users. We don't want to discourage them with bad manners, condescending attitudes, snobbish behaviour, etc. Always be as helpful and courteous as possible, otherwise remain silent.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Woelfersheim DE
    Posts
    8

    Re: wrong attitude

    ...

  7. #17
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    If we're done flaming eachother, what I don't understand is how do you get a list of what is available to install via apt-get?

    Regards,

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Woelfersheim DE
    Posts
    8
    ...

  9. #19
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    I have to agree with Turbine,

    I admit I am a newbie, and I am quite sure I can be a pain in the b*tt, naggy even, when it comes to getting assistance.

    But, I love Knoppix, and I know many times, the Site Admins have pointed me to the FAQ "sticky" posts at the top of the Forum's - In fact, I was pointed to this one a day or so ago, to get information on getting and installing "packages" and downloaded programs into Knoppix/Debian.

    I LOVE to get input on finding my own answers, that is what seperates us humans from other species on this planet. But, from a newbie stand-point, sometimes us "newbies" don't "know" those "security" codes that are kept locked in die-hard Unix/Linux users minds - and we ask. Sometimes those questions are "dumb" and "simpleton" questions, but the response is important, not the attituide. Treating people with respect, and even if they don't know something that you are privy to, doesn't make them any less of a human being.

    I respond to any posting here, and may times, someone else posts right after me, with better information. I am learning though. Who knows, someday, I might actually post something that is looked at by one of the Site Admins, and given praise - I hope someday

    Linux, to me, is a bright, shinny, brand new toy - it facinates me - and am jumping on the Linux Train with my new system. I would hope that someday, I will be as knowledgable about Linux as I am about Windows, DOS, and even Programming within both those areas. But, I need a lot of work, I know.

    Just my two cents worth,
    Cuddles
    [ps] Thanks for the apt-get information - I am sure that this posted sticky is going to be read many times in the future by myself to get the information to install all the great apps that Linux has to offer

  10. #20
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Here, take a look at this related thread:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7021

    for some apt-get examples.

    Enjoy!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix Tutorial
    By schock in forum News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 09:00 AM
  2. apt-get / dpkg error: unable to access dpkg status area
    By Nitromethane1261 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 12:09 AM
  3. Tutorial
    By Firezone2k in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 05:46 AM
  4. linux tutorial
    By senorian in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2003, 08:40 PM
  5. Tutorial Knoppix?
    By mabhatter in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge R730xd 12Bay3.5, 7x3tb w Trays, 32Gb, 2x12c V4, H730 picture

Dell PowerEdge R730xd 12Bay3.5, 7x3tb w Trays, 32Gb, 2x12c V4, H730

$500.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00