-
apt-get conflicts

Originally Posted by
stephen_pcola
I see the last date in this topic is from awhile ago, most questions can be answered by reading other posts. I know to use apt-get instead of kpackage cause kpackage doesn't seem to prompt you about removing a whole bunch of packages when installing one like apt-get. I know that you have to see what is being removed and upgraded when you run apt-get update && upgrade or yes you will lose some functionality like xorg. All I need to know is what is the latest source list for knoppix, Is it what I already have in my list if I have the latest version of knoppix from 6/2, I seen a source list section somewhere I already had those though. where is a post about figuring out how to get around when you try to install a package and it tries to remove way too much? I mean is this part of the warning about installing knoppix as the Livecd straight to hard-drive dilemna I saw the warnings about? Is there a way to get around this? EX.-tried to install newest version of firefox and it tried to remove everything but the kitchen sink so I declined. Just tell me where to read, I know it's somewhere just couldn't find it, already read the apt-get tutorials.
perhaps this could be a new thread? "How to resolve apt-get conflict problems."
I've been trying "apt-get -f autoremove libisc50- " etc. etc., with a long list of packages each with a "-" at the end, and it hasn't worked. I may have missed something, but this instruction isn't entirely clear to me.
apologies if this has already been posted/solved elsewhere.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 09:00 AM
-
By Nitromethane1261 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By Firezone2k in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 05:46 AM
-
By senorian in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-12-2003, 08:40 PM
-
By mabhatter in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$79.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E250 250 GB 2.5 in SATA III Solid State Drive
$24.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5" SATA SSD MZ-7KE512 MZ7KE512
$65.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99