-
Everex NC1502 no screens found among other things...
I've gone through this battle before different distro and drivers same problem. I have an Everex NC1502 with the Chrome 9 HC IGP video. I downloaded what looked like the most recent drivers that are suppose to work with this card. I installed them and get the common "no screens found" error. I read this card is not supported by Linux and some that say it is. I'm guess it may just now coming about. I read off the box a resolution of 1280x800 and on cbet max resolution 1440x900, I'm guessing resolution isn't the problem? Any ideas?
I think the chip set is P4M900, when I did the installed I had to install a file called libXv.so.1.0. I copied one from my Mandriva 2006 computer. Don't know if thats ok or not?
edit, I gave up on the video drivers ended up trying to install Ubuntu which wouldn't install. Then back to Knoppix which now wouldn't install, then back to Vista which worked, than I finally got Knoppix to install!!! What a bugger. I'm not certain but I think the drivers are not quite ready for this chipset.
So Now I have found the USB is buggy and won't read the thum drive. it comes up with some kind of "wrong fs type, bad option, bad supper block on dev/sdb1" error. they work fine on XP and Mandriva 2006.
I also found the speaker works fine but there is no sound from the jack, when you plug in the speaker sound goes away but the head phones are dead. kind of wierd.
Similar Threads
-
By dntchaseme in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-10-2005, 03:36 PM
-
By kd5byb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 10:18 AM
-
By colonius in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 10:14 PM
-
By gyro in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 08:26 PM
-
By Alex1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-15-2003, 03:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854
$225.00

Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs
$49.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$54.99