-
Apache2 only answering to https requests
Hi:
Can someone help me ?
I start apache2 in knoppix 5.01 and when i browse to http://localhost or http://127.0.0.1 it gives a blank page or complaints that the conection with the host is broken. But if i request https://localhost (instead of http) it serves the page correctly
Thanks in advance
-
Junior Member
registered user
only hhtps work
Maybe PHP CGIs just won't work properly in your version of Knoppix. I have had a similiar problem in Knoppix 5.1.1. , I can't get Perl CGIs to work, but PHP CGIs work just fine. I got around the problem by installing a Version of Apache 1.3.26 on my fat32 Partition of my Hard Drive. I simply use Apache 1.3.26 instead of Apache 2.2 for my Perl CGIs.
-
Hi. Thanks for the response, but installing other version of apache just wont work for me since im using Knoppix as a live cd and dont want to carry around a flash memory with knoppix settings. I wold like that that everything worked just "out of the box" like it did in version 3.6.
-
Junior Member
registered user
apache answering only to https requests
You could try upgrading to Knoppix 5.1.1 . I know the PHP CGIs work in that version, although Perl CGIs don't .
-
Re: apache answering only to https requests

Originally Posted by
brass
You could try upgrading to Knoppix 5.1.1 . I know the PHP CGIs work in that version, although Perl CGIs don't .
I would if they woldn't have removed MySQL in version 5.1.1
. Does removing MySQL makes any sense to anybody?
Similar Threads
-
By krishna.murphy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-05-2010, 05:25 PM
-
By alek6cu in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2007, 04:32 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-15-2005, 05:47 PM
-
By wernst in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 02:29 AM
-
By sanjay in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 11:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge R720 Server 2x Xeon E5-2670 2.6 GHz 64 GB RAM No OS No HDD Read-
$239.95

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99