Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Raid0 hard drive not recognised

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    1

    Raid0 hard drive not recognised

    I am totally new to Linux - (not a clue) but was told that Knoppix live cd would help me to save file to my external hard drive should Windows XP fail. Great I thought just what I need.

    BUT... Knoppix won't recognise my two Maxtor 80gig Raid0 hard drives. I have these set up on an internal hardware board. How do I go about getting Knoppix to recognise them? Please assume that I know nothing about Linux I am quite well versed in Windows tho'

    Thanx to anyone who replies.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    92
    Check if the RAID board has Linux drivers available. If yes, and Knoppix 5.1.1 does not recognize it, then wait for Knoppix 5.2.1 and see if that works.
    Knoppix 5.1.1 (the most recent official release) was the first version that was able to detect my RAID controller. Before that I got nothing, and there was nothing that I could do about it.

Similar Threads

  1. Copying hard drive to hard drive new to linux
    By husalah5150 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
  2. Hard drive / data recovery / force show drive
    By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
  3. Live CD in CD-ROM Drive not recognised when trying to boot.
    By TrevorM in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 06:40 PM
  4. Hard Disk Not Recognised
    By cjheeney in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 12:44 AM
  5. C Drive not recognised
    By Naomi in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-29-2004, 05:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower picture

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower

$16.99



Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H picture

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H

$104.98



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$107.67



Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard picture

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard

$17.99