Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: PXE NFS and UNIONFS

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2

    PXE NFS and UNIONFS

    Is it possible to boot over PXE but instead of using the /cdrom directory, to merge it with unionfs with another directory containing other files. I have been unable to this, so either there is something I am not getting, or it can't be done. The mount failed.

    Another thing I tried was nfs a unique directory with synlinks to the entire cdrom directory structure (except the directories were not symlinks, only the files). This worked, but it could not load the knoppix filesystem.

    Basically, I want to be able to include my knoppix.sh file in the mount directory.

    So really the question is what would be the best way to PXE boot with a writable nfs directory that could load the filesystem, without copying everything from /crom to a new directory, this just isn't an option for me.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2

    Resolved

    I have resolved this issue. I modified linuxrc to mount another partition that contained my knoppix.sh script and all the relevant files. I basically put this as the very last thing because anything too early in the boot process and I get confused.

    Even though none answered my post, some of you may have helped without realizing it since I just learned about the linuxrc script from reading through other discussions.

    P.S.
    I would also like to note that although I haven't confirmed this, I believe in order to nfs mount a unionfs with the knoppix filesystem, the kernel needs to be compiled with unionfs, that is you can't just load the module with the NIC drivers, I tried, it didn't work.

    Also, if you want to symlinking the KNOPPIX image will not work because nfs has some issues with symlinks and paths depending on what the directories are named as well as if they are shared or not. Also, linuxrc checks for a real KNOPPIX file, so that would need to be changed as well.

    P's

Similar Threads

  1. does knoppix, use aufs? or unionfs? ...still says /UNIONFS..
    By starlyptErin_. in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
  2. Root file system links to UNIONFS (e.g. bin -> /UNIONFS/b
    By Jim Tonic in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 04:14 AM
  3. 2.6.13 + unionFS
    By firnsy in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-13-2005, 08:38 AM
  4. UnionFS
    By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 06:42 PM
  5. kde and unionfs
    By ethrandil in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 12:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3 picture

Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3

$185.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Lot of 10 Cisco CP-8851 5-Line VoIP Business Phone w/ Stand picture

Lot of 10 Cisco CP-8851 5-Line VoIP Business Phone w/ Stand

$249.95



Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black picture

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black

$44.00



5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120 picture

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120

$999.00



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07