Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: nForce2 Integrated NIC Not Detected

  1. #1

    nForce2 Integrated NIC Not Detected

    I finally caved in because all the praises from my friends and decided to try it out with Knoppix Live CD (damn peer pressure ). It boots smoothly and seems to work pretty well. Seemingly, the only problem is that I cant access the internet. My card is undetected and I cant seem to find the right module in the list. Can someone help me? Probably would need help configuring PPOE too, me thinks. Im using MSN Broadband, but thats an issue I will deal with later .

    Im using the EPoX 8RDA+ with Realtek RTL8201BL 10/100MB LAN.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Drammen, Norway
    Posts
    11
    this has been reported as a bug already. You could go to http://www.knoppix.net/bugs/ and check bug # 101 and 164

  3. #3
    I guess they didnt include the compiled module yet...

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Drammen, Norway
    Posts
    11
    You could add a comment to bug # 101. The more people that reports it, the earlier we get the compiled driver added.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    I commented under bug #101

    I built a new computer with the Abit NF7-S mobo and XP1700 Tbred-B CPU. It's a shame I can't go on line while in Knoppix. Anyone hear if they're making progress?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1
    Hi,

    anybody knows when the bug will be fixed ?

    Greetz

    X_Burner

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Drammen, Norway
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by X_Burner
    Hi,

    anybody knows when the bug will be fixed ?
    I don't know. Hopefully the next build.

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    I heard 2003-06-06 will probably be the last version until after LinuxTag 2003 happens.

    Nothing in the bug report #101 indicates it's been addressed yet.

    I guess I'll just have to burn the ISO and see if nForce2 drivers made the cut.

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Drammen, Norway
    Posts
    11
    I've tested the 2003-06-06 ISO, and the drivers are not included.

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    I didn't see any unified Debian drivers at nVidia either. All they had was RH, SuSE and Mandrake RPMs. There's a source rpm or tar that could be compiled by someone who knows how.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Intel integrated wireless card not detected knoppix 3.6
    By redlair in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 10:09 PM
  2. Knoppix 3.4 and nforce2 ethernet issues?
    By Sartan4455 in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 05:43 PM
  3. Nvidia Nforce2 Integrated NIC
    By Orb360 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 03:58 PM
  4. nForce2 Help please please please
    By KPFOX1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2003, 03:57 PM
  5. Knoppix 3.2/ Nforce2 and USB
    By RealNeo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2003, 12:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI picture

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI

$195.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware picture

Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware

$89.99



HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD picture

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD

$199.95



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$199.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot picture

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot

$95.99



HPE Networking Instant On Secure Gateway Smart-Managed Switch (S0G33A#ABA) - New picture

HPE Networking Instant On Secure Gateway Smart-Managed Switch (S0G33A#ABA) - New

$269.99