Let's not throw the baby out with the dirty bath water.
I'm still very impressed with Knoppix as a whole.
Just a little dissapponted that my nForce2 board can't get online in Knoppix.
It WILL be addressed eventually if not sooner.
I just put together a machine using the EPoX 8RDA+ board with the nforce2 chipset and was very disappointed when I tried my Knoppix CD and the onboard LAN wasn't supported. These nforce2 chipsets are the fastest thing out right now and are getting more and more popular every day, and this issue/oversight needs to be addressed and corrected like yesterday.
All my friends who I had told about Knoppix were really unimpressed by it when they saw that.![]()
Let's not throw the baby out with the dirty bath water.
I'm still very impressed with Knoppix as a whole.
Just a little dissapponted that my nForce2 board can't get online in Knoppix.
It WILL be addressed eventually if not sooner.
I am counting the moments!
Should I hold my breath?![]()
Keep breathingOriginally Posted by sacajaweeda
![]()
Klaus is kinda busy with his DVD release right now![]()
Originally Posted by audioaficionado
![]()
The same with me. I'v got Abit NF7-S + AMD XP1700 Tbred-B...
First I had problems with power supply... and now this problem with Konppix...
I'v just started with Knoppix today and i'm a little bit disappointed, that it doesn't recognize onboard LAN card... Should I buy additional net card? (I'v just sold oe with my old mobo and cpu). Wait till they fit this problem... or someone will find the way to make the card work?
But anyway I think I'll like Knoppix... especially due to lack of space on my HDD'sand - beside the net card - everything works fine!
best regards,
tigrris
I have a similar problem, although with an Intel Pro 100 NIC in a Dell Dimension.
I wonder if it is possible for me to alter the Knoppix image and include the driver? Or is this something that has to be fixed by Klaus?
I fixed the issue by installing nvnet in my remaster, Overclockix.
http://overclockix.octeams.com
699mb
Clusterknoppix works for me and I have the Nforce 2 based assus A7N8X deluxe. I believe that cluster knoppix has the nvidia drivers. Might want to give that a shot as it is basically knoppix with openmosix in it.....and some stuff removed but i didn't notice anything important.
I just installed Knoppix 7-26 on my HD.
I also missed my web-connexion on the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe board.
The problem was solved by editing the file /etc/network/interfaces to:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
and the connexion was up and running (after a reboot of course).
Hope this helps.
Greetz
Jesper
I have the same problem to... using NFS-7 and thouroughbred 2200+ Have to get another netword card. A bit embarrased too. But knoppix helped me a lot especially while using it as a compiler.

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested
$999.99
Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000
$324.99
Commodore Amiga 1000, Keyboard, Tank Mouse, RAM Expansion, Tested, Working
$599.00
Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000
$599.99
Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested
$74.99
BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99
NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga
$170.00
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99