I got it from nvidia.com and compiled the source. Have you treid that, and if so what was the error you had?
Could someone post a version of nvnet.o that will work with KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-09-05-EN.iso, or a link to it?
I am desperate to get a version of knoppix PXE booting on my home LAN, but the built in kernel and PXE boot environment do not have nvnet.o.
]-[
I got it from nvidia.com and compiled the source. Have you treid that, and if so what was the error you had?
My bad. I am a bit of a Knoppix newbie - I didn't realise (or think it possible) the CD had a full compiler and kernel-source!
Anyway, I've compiled the ("non-GPL" - come ON NVidia, what are you thinking?) nvnet.o and added it to the miniroot.gz (in /modules/net) on my PXE server... PXE booted knoppix from a my server's hard-disk is AWESOME, so much faster than from CD - and the perfect recovery/diskless environment.
Knoppix is great.![]()
]-[
This is Linux. We don't reboot unless we really have to.and the connexion was up and running (after a reboot of course ).A simple "/etc/init.d/network(ing) restart" will do just fine.
hw
Well the new Knoppix 3.3 is out.
Is this one able to auto detect and allow me to use my on board NIC on my Abit NF7-S nForce2 mainboard yet?
Ive tryed lates iso (24.09) on my abit NFS-7 motheboard and is samestill no network card detected
koszopal
Well that tells me it's no longer an oversight but has been deliberatly left out due to legal issues with nVidia and never will be fixed.
There's other variants of Knoppix that will work so I'll just have to abandon mainline Knoppix and move over to the other ones.![]()
Its not so bad if you happend to know a guy who does remasters of knoppix. I'm waiting for a couple of updates to the new 3.3 and then I will make Overclockix 3.3, complete with nvnet.
If anyone wants to contribute to the overclockix project by making suggestions, helping me make the overclockix page look half-way decent (I don't really know HTML), or by taking OVerclockix and re-remastering it, be my guest.
Thanx Arkaine23. Oveclockix worked like a charm.
Hi arkaine,Originally Posted by arkaine23
I downloaded your ISO, burned it, and installed the distro on my HD (sda5, I have an Adaptec RAID 2400A controller)
At the reboot I get an error message:
Kernel Panic, unable to mount root fs on 08:05...
what does it mean? I can't understand why... where's wrong?
I tried to repeat installation, but, it is always the same....
I have an Nforce 2 mobo ( NF7-S ).
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Carmine.

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99