-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: HEELLPP

Originally Posted by
pimpos20
...I can't find the right command line to scan the disc.... I need to scan to removet the viruses on there.. ..
From considerable experience here I believe that if you do write to your hard disk partition (which I assume to be NTFS formatted) with Knoppix, that you will be very likely to cause further damage and therefor cause file loss. So I can't help you with any commands that would write to the disk, which would include removal of viruses. However, i can offer a suggestion and will provide more help in this area if needed: instead of the dangerous approach of writing to a NTFS partition with Knoppix, consider the safe approach to use Knoppix to transfer all of the files that you are concerned about to another system, and then reinstall Windows (the only safe way to do this, IMHO). There are many ways to transfer the files to another system. Assuming that you have a network available, I would suggest that you install a FTP server on a second computer. There are many free or trial versions of pay FTP servers available on the Internet for Windows or for Linux (depending on what you're second system is, although I would expect it is Windows). Then boot Knoppix on the system to be rescued, and use Konquror as a FTP client to transfer files to the FTP server. When you confirm that the transfer has been successful you can safely reinstall your currently corrupted system.
While you could also use Microsoft file sharing under Knoppix, I suggest FTP because it will be much faster and is generally easier to set up and more reliable than Samba or other Microsoft file sharing techniques.
By the way, HEELLPP is not an acceptable subject line around here. I wouldn't even have responded to it if it was a main subject line and I didn't know the topic. See answer #7 for further details.
Similar Threads
-
By B9423 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-31-2008, 06:43 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum The Lounge
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-25-2004, 12:20 AM
-
By styven in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 06:01 PM
-
By jhobo4 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 04:10 AM
-
Replies: 26
Last Post: 07-01-2003, 09:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Mixed lot: Intel Core i3-9100, i3-7100T, i3-7100, i3-6100T, i3-8100T, i3-8100,
$100.00

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99