Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Mounting persistent home after system boots up

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    53

    Mounting persistent home after system boots up

    I remember a command that I could run to mount my persistent disk image if I forgot to mount it during the boot process. However, I have searched and searched for it but cannot find it. I believe it is the same command run at boot time that gives the 20 second dialog box.



    Thanks
    Neeraj

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    53
    This is the option when booting up. There is some utility in sbin or bin or someplace like that which if I execute, on a system already running knoppix, it will mount the disk image as my home directory. I did this with knoppix 5.01 when I was having trouble, but cannot find the instructions for this anymore.

    Thanks
    Neeraj

Similar Threads

  1. Persistent Disk from USB causing mounting problems??
    By itmike in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 10:42 PM
  2. Persistent Home
    By staran in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 05:41 PM
  3. What can you do with persistent home
    By beausimon in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 03:40 PM
  4. did HDD install and system boots to a grub>
    By lp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 01:29 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2003, 06:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop picture

READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop

$299.00



Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra picture

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra

$120.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage Magnetic Peripherals MPI BR8B1A 5.25

Vintage Magnetic Peripherals MPI BR8B1A 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive 77711800 CDC

$89.66



Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer - Works picture

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer - Works

$169.99



READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots picture

READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots

$850.00



Vintage 1992 Mac System 7.1P1 Apple Software 3.5” Floppy Disks NOS picture

Vintage 1992 Mac System 7.1P1 Apple Software 3.5” Floppy Disks NOS

$35.00



Vintage Toshiba Satellite A Series picture

Vintage Toshiba Satellite A Series

$250.00



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37



VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED picture

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED

$500.00