see answer #6.
dear friends,
i'm using knoppix 5 and tried to to copy the files from a slave drive hdc3 to the primary drive hda5
using cp -frv /meida/hdc3/home/raport /media/hda5
but the the resut is cp: cannot create directory `/media/hda5/raport': Read-only file system. i
prior to this i login as root by typing su .
i tried chmod 777 /media/hda5 the result is chmod: changing permissions of `/media/hda5': Read-only file system.
i already did this before successfuly through a switch -w to a command i already forgot. it's quite sometime i missed to use knoppix.
thank your for any help on this matter.
see answer #6.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
dear friends,
thanks for the info. i tried to retrieve from my file the answer to my question which ineed was already answered in this forum i got it. i simply remounted the hardisk and type mount rw /media/hdc3 that is with read write permission and rest is ok.
thanks again
I'm trying to do the same thing. I need to transfer files from my slave(HDB1)(NFTS) to my Master(HDB1)(FAT32). I've right clicked on both drives and allowed read and write, but i still get a error,"could not make folder /mnt/hda1/folder...
The reason I'm trying to transfer is I have the BSOD 00000024x error when i boot my computer up,try to repair with windows cd, run any type of NFTS related OS. I really need to get the files off of the harddrive, any help would be appreciated.

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00