Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Raid0 hard drive not recognised

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    1

    Raid0 hard drive not recognised

    I am totally new to Linux - (not a clue) but was told that Knoppix live cd would help me to save file to my external hard drive should Windows XP fail. Great I thought just what I need.

    BUT... Knoppix won't recognise my two Maxtor 80gig Raid0 hard drives. I have these set up on an internal hardware board. How do I go about getting Knoppix to recognise them? Please assume that I know nothing about Linux I am quite well versed in Windows tho'

    Thanx to anyone who replies.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    92
    Check if the RAID board has Linux drivers available. If yes, and Knoppix 5.1.1 does not recognize it, then wait for Knoppix 5.2.1 and see if that works.
    Knoppix 5.1.1 (the most recent official release) was the first version that was able to detect my RAID controller. Before that I got nothing, and there was nothing that I could do about it.

Similar Threads

  1. Copying hard drive to hard drive new to linux
    By husalah5150 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
  2. Hard drive / data recovery / force show drive
    By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
  3. Live CD in CD-ROM Drive not recognised when trying to boot.
    By TrevorM in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 06:40 PM
  4. Hard Disk Not Recognised
    By cjheeney in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 12:44 AM
  5. C Drive not recognised
    By Naomi in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-29-2004, 05:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core 16-Thread 3.8GHZ/4.7GHZ picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core 16-Thread 3.8GHZ/4.7GHZ

$195.00



Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW picture

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW

$225.00



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$175.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF

$435.99



Dell - XPS 13.4

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...

$599.99



AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked picture

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked

$69.99



HP - OmniBook 3 - 14

HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...

$399.99



HP ProDesk 600 G5  picture

HP ProDesk 600 G5

$99.99



Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT Intel Core i5-10500 3.10 GHz 8 GB DDR4 Desktop No HDD picture

Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT Intel Core i5-10500 3.10 GHz 8 GB DDR4 Desktop No HDD

$129.99