Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Raid0 hard drive not recognised

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    1

    Raid0 hard drive not recognised

    I am totally new to Linux - (not a clue) but was told that Knoppix live cd would help me to save file to my external hard drive should Windows XP fail. Great I thought just what I need.

    BUT... Knoppix won't recognise my two Maxtor 80gig Raid0 hard drives. I have these set up on an internal hardware board. How do I go about getting Knoppix to recognise them? Please assume that I know nothing about Linux I am quite well versed in Windows tho'

    Thanx to anyone who replies.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    92
    Check if the RAID board has Linux drivers available. If yes, and Knoppix 5.1.1 does not recognize it, then wait for Knoppix 5.2.1 and see if that works.
    Knoppix 5.1.1 (the most recent official release) was the first version that was able to detect my RAID controller. Before that I got nothing, and there was nothing that I could do about it.

Similar Threads

  1. Copying hard drive to hard drive new to linux
    By husalah5150 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
  2. Hard drive / data recovery / force show drive
    By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
  3. Live CD in CD-ROM Drive not recognised when trying to boot.
    By TrevorM in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 06:40 PM
  4. Hard Disk Not Recognised
    By cjheeney in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 12:44 AM
  5. C Drive not recognised
    By Naomi in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-29-2004, 05:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



LOT OF 5 StarTech GLCTST Gigabit RJ45 Copper SFP Transceiver Module picture

LOT OF 5 StarTech GLCTST Gigabit RJ45 Copper SFP Transceiver Module

$52.50



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Mellanox 655874-B21  655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678 picture

Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678

$13.99



Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module picture

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module

$89.00



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90