-
Junior Member
registered user
How to reuse partitions for new Knoppix install?
I have a rather old laptop that has accepted live CD versions of Knoppix quite nicely. I am interested in installing Knoppix to the HD. It is currently has a partition where Win 98 is installed and other partitions (recognized jointly as a separate hd when I boot using the Live CD) which have an old linux distribution installed. I want to install solely to the partitions that linux is current on and particularly not muck with the MBR or the Win98 partition, until I see that it works ok.
So, my question is - How to I tell the installer to "wipe" the linux install and not touch the win98 partition? I am obviously ignorant about the choice of the available partitioning tools and the sequence (repartition first with tool "X" [or delete those partitions], then use the available HD installer and in there direct it to install in the partitions previously used for linux, or simply start with the installer and use it for the repartitioning as the initial part of the install).
I don't mean to be lazy; if there is a howto that would lead me through this, please just send me there.
Thanks.
Steve
Similar Threads
-
By b0guinet in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-12-2008, 03:27 AM
-
By remayo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-05-2006, 03:20 AM
-
By speedy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-24-2003, 02:35 AM
-
By wfharvey in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 05:58 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-16-2003, 01:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Trucozie Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Self-Standing Lightweight Stick Vacuum New Ope
$89.00