-
KDE - Su - Giving problem - Help required on VNCServer
Dear Members
I am a fan of Knoppix. And I have used 3.x, 4.x and 5.x .
I have Knoppix 5.1 Live CD. I have installed it in a Pentium 4 PC. It works fine. However I have the following problems.
1. If I use KdeSu using the KDE menus, I get the error "...Conversation with Su failed....".
The commands work in Console mode but NOT through KDE menu.
2. When I start Vncserver, I am able to access it from my WIndows PC using VNC Viewer. However, I am not able to access it via browser. (httP://server_ip:5901) I can see the port 5901 open in Linux side.
I stopped my Windows firewall to see whether there is any issue at Windows end. But still the same problem exists.
If there is a problem in Linux side firewall, how can I overcome? Please give the commands which can be used in console ....
I am using Knoppix 5.1 LiveCD (installed in Hard Disk)
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Thanks.
I was able to overcome the problem of Kde-su using the forum-link provided
The VNC server access through HTTP is pending....
Thanks again
Similar Threads
-
By iw5dxh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-27-2006, 10:39 PM
-
By Dryfter in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-01-2005, 05:30 PM
-
By gmamorim in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 11:50 PM
-
By Waylander in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 06:21 AM
-
By tegan in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-12-2003, 02:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95