Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: KDE - Su - Giving problem - Help required on VNCServer

  1. #1

    KDE - Su - Giving problem - Help required on VNCServer

    Dear Members

    I am a fan of Knoppix. And I have used 3.x, 4.x and 5.x .

    I have Knoppix 5.1 Live CD. I have installed it in a Pentium 4 PC. It works fine. However I have the following problems.


    1. If I use KdeSu using the KDE menus, I get the error "...Conversation with Su failed....".
    The commands work in Console mode but NOT through KDE menu.

    2. When I start Vncserver, I am able to access it from my WIndows PC using VNC Viewer. However, I am not able to access it via browser. (httP://server_ip:5901) I can see the port 5901 open in Linux side.

    I stopped my Windows firewall to see whether there is any issue at Windows end. But still the same problem exists.

    If there is a problem in Linux side firewall, how can I overcome? Please give the commands which can be used in console ....

    I am using Knoppix 5.1 LiveCD (installed in Hard Disk)

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    177
    See if this thread helps with the "su" issue : http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...577&highlight=

  3. #3
    Thanks.

    I was able to overcome the problem of Kde-su using the forum-link provided

    The VNC server access through HTTP is pending....


    Thanks again

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 5.0.1 HDD and vncserver font problem
    By iw5dxh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2006, 10:39 PM
  2. PC not giving choice of booting to knoppix.
    By Dryfter in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 05:30 PM
  3. nearly giving up!
    By gmamorim in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 11:50 PM
  4. I am giving up on knoppix.
    By Waylander in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 06:21 AM
  5. problem with vncserver
    By tegan in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2003, 02:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount

$489.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1... picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...

$324.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$248.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93