I am remastering Knoppix 5.1.1. I am trying to make a very large remaster. I installed squashfs. I was able to write the large KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file. This file is over 4 gig. So as an experiment I got a copy of Kanotix. I replaced the Kanotix /KNOPPIX file with my 4.1 gig Knoppix 5.1.1 remaster KNOPPIX file and burned the resulting mess to a duel layer disk. As it was starting I got several error messages. But it did boot into X!! The mouse did not work though. It was strange to see the Kanotix start-up page with the Knoppix desktop background.
I guess my question is. Does anyone have a version of the minirt.gz with busybox symbolic links like Kanotix uses that will boot the squashfs image? Any Ideas on how to modify the Kanotix minirt.gz to work better with Knoppix 5.1.1? I saw some links in the past on how to modify the linuxrc file to load a squashfs system but those posts were several years old.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00