I have booted 5.1.1 as a Live CD about 10 times on an old laptop. Sometimes, all goes well, but about a third of the time, error boxes pop up advising me that the "media protocol unexpectedly quit" or the "file protocol unexpectedly quit". When this happens, the icons for the hard drive and CD disappear from the desktop. The most recent time I booted up and this happened, I found that my sound was still functional and I could still mount and read both partitions on the hard drive.
I have not seen this error message booting with other Live CDs on this machine. In seeking info on this error, I have googled without finding a clear
discussion.
Since this distribution works better with this laptop than any other one I have tried, I would like to uncover what if anything I need to do about this, because I want to move to a poor man type install on the hard drive.
Thanks in advance.
Steve

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99