Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Accessing VNCServer in Knoppix 5.1 through HTTP

  1. #1

    Accessing VNCServer in Knoppix 5.1 through HTTP

    I am using Knoppix 5.1 . I have installed the Live CD in Hard Disk.

    I am able to run vncserver (tightvnc) and I am able to access it from Windows through VNCviewer.

    However, I am not able to access it via HTTP (Ineternet Explorer browser).

    I can see port 5901 in Knoppix. I have disabled firewall at Windows end.

    Is there any firewall issue at Knoppix end? If so, how to modify the rules?

    Is there any options (like -httpport xxxx) required to start the VNC server?


    Regards
    G Balakrishnan

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    122
    try entering "localhost:5901' in iceweasel or your preferred web browser. If it connects then something on your Linux host is blocking external access to the VNC server..... if it DOESNT connect maybe make sure http access is enabled in tightvnc (cant be much help here as I havent used it)


    " Is there any firewall issue at Knoppix end? If so, how to modify the rules? "

    check the output of ` iptables -L ` for any active firewall rules.


    Take Care,
    -Justin
    One Mynds Eye

  3. #3
    1. As I mentioned earlier, port 5901 is open in Knoppix side. Konqueror browser shows "RFB RFB" when i say http://localhost:5901

    It works fine if I use vncviewer client (xx.xx.xx.xx:1)...

    2. Ipchains -L gives error : "incompatible kernel..."

    3. (tight)vncserver on Windows works perfectly fine - it allows http access. But its counterpart in Knoppix is behaving strangely...cant understand why...

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 5.0.1 HDD and vncserver font problem
    By iw5dxh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2006, 10:39 PM
  2. I need help with Knoppix vncserver
    By adsum in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2005, 11:59 AM
  3. knoppix 3.7 remote desktop - VNCSERVER ptoblem
    By pupton in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 10:21 PM
  4. How to customize Knoppix live cd to autostart vncserver
    By patrick79 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 11:06 PM
  5. VNCServer after Knoppix HDD install.
    By phillzee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 06:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM picture

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM

$286.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Lot of 6 Micron MTA8ATF2G64HZ-3G2F1 16GB 1Rx8PC4-3200AA-SA2-13 Laptop Memory RAM picture

Lot of 6 Micron MTA8ATF2G64HZ-3G2F1 16GB 1Rx8PC4-3200AA-SA2-13 Laptop Memory RAM

$300.00



Samsung M393A2K43DB3 16GB (1x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz M393A2K43DB3 picture

Samsung M393A2K43DB3 16GB (1x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz M393A2K43DB3

$89.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00



G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 - Tested picture

G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 - Tested

$69.95