Or my english is so bad so knowone understand my problem![]()
I have some manual (for Gentoo) which checks if the necessary drivers are compiled in the kernel:
zgrep "CONFIG_USB_ohci_hcd" /proc/config.gz
and
zgrep "CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_GENERIC" /proc/config.gz
and I got errors.
I have Knoppix 5.0.1 installed on my laptop and try to connect the internet but the prerequisite is that I have OHCI HCD support and USB Serial drivers (must be compiled as a module!!!). How to check it ? And how to make it if configuration isn't as suppose to be ? Please help.
Or my english is so bad so knowone understand my problem![]()
I just booted KNOPPIX 5.01 and found the following compiled kernel module files:
/lib/modules/2.6.17/kernel/drivers/usb/host/ohci-hcd.ko
/lib/modules/2.6.17/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/usbserial.ko
So you should be able to load them by opening a root terminal shell and type:
modprobe ohci-hcd
modprobe usbserial
Good Luck
I followed the next manual:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Voda...PCMCIA_Adapter
and after:
lsusb -v
I didn't get the Option in a IDManufacturer, anywhere in a list.
So, right now. I'm in a "blind hole" (is it the right choice of words?)
Maybe your USB device name is different from the one used in the WIKI example.
Look for anything that resembles a USB adapter.
The important thing is to write down the vendor and product ID numbers for the device.
If everything scrolls off the screen too fast, try typing:
lsusb -v | less
well, it writes Optiion and it looks like on this picture:
http://portal.wikinerds.org/vodafone...to-suse-gentoo
Although I'm a newbie with Linux, I learned how to remaster Knoppix with the main target to create a live Knoppix CD which can use Vodafone UMTS/GPRS PCMCIA card without problems. And Know I'm stuck with finding Option in usb list.
First, type
lsmod
to see if the correct modules are loaded. At a minimum, you need the OHCI driver module to be loaded up and appear on the list.
Assuming that knoppix has not changed much, you can also view your usb information graphically by typing
usbview
Maybe you can get the information this way. But if you cannot even see the USB host controller, you definitely won't be able to see the serial device.
In usbview nothing changed after I put the card into a slot. it looks like:
OHCI HOST controller
-----USB-PS/c optical mouse
OHCI HOST controller
EHCI HOST controller
Obviously some module missing and it isn't HOST controller
If you are inserting a card into a slot, it means you are not using USB, but are using PCMCIA/CARDBUS.Originally Posted by SlavoniaJavaTeam
So if your card contains a tiny USB host controller, you should see a new OHCI host controller appear when you insert the card.
Otherwise it means that you have been following the wrong set of instructions for your device.
If this is true, you need to find the linux install instructions for a PCMCIA/CARDBUS device and not a USB device.

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Lof ot 2 SK Hynix 16GB DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 2Rx8 SODIMM RAM HMA82GS6CJR8N-VK
$334.99
Samsung 64gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC LRDIMM Memory M393A8G40AB2-CWE - PARTS
$1450.00
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$289.80