-
Junior Member
registered user
?Meaning of error "protocol unexpectedly quit" ?
I have booted 5.1.1 as a Live CD about 10 times on an old laptop. Sometimes, all goes well, but about a third of the time, error boxes pop up advising me that the "media protocol unexpectedly quit" or the "file protocol unexpectedly quit". When this happens, the icons for the hard drive and CD disappear from the desktop. The most recent time I booted up and this happened, I found that my sound was still functional and I could still mount and read both partitions on the hard drive.
I have not seen this error message booting with other Live CDs on this machine. In seeking info on this error, I have googled without finding a clear
discussion.
Since this distribution works better with this laptop than any other one I have tried, I would like to uncover what if anything I need to do about this, because I want to move to a poor man type install on the hard drive.
Thanks in advance.
Steve
Similar Threads
-
By sinncier in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-14-2010, 07:08 PM
-
By mejohnsn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-30-2009, 05:34 AM
-
By montalegrejorge in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-09-2008, 10:50 PM
-
By minifat in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-18-2005, 08:51 PM
-
By phillfri in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-26-2003, 01:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack
$88.90

Intel Optane NMA1XXD128GPS DDR4 2666 4Rx4 ECC 128GB Server Ram
$80.00

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55